Tuesday 3 March 2009

Club 21 Sale : I've Been A Bad Bad Girl

Cousin C forwarded me a Club 21 mailer mid-last week and being the shopping muppet that I am, I couldn't resist popping in on Saturday just to oogle. Surely even at 80% most items would be way out of my budget?

*wrong*

There was a healthy selection of Alexander McQueen, Marc Jacobs and Alaia shoes and Marni accessories going for under S$200 a pop!

If you were after a McQueen or Carolina Herrara dress for your wedding there were some real lovelies going for around S$1,000, which is cheaper than renting a nameless meringue from the corner bridal shop.

What I enjoyed about this sample sale was how dignified everything was. The sale was held in a store space itself not a hotel ballroom with a velvet-roped queue system, staff were decked out in their mismatched-chic best and still checked sizes with a smile. I even overheard some tourists having a tete-a-tete with a staff member about the latest runway shows. It was more or less a very well priced and stocked Club 21 store. No frenzied rummaging needed at all!

ALL shopping restraint failed me when I spied this pair of Marc Jacobs black flats (last pair in size 36.5). I'm usually a 37 with Marc but I guess these were a little stretched out from being the display pair. The pricing was S$899 x 80% off so that was a just-about NineWest S$179.80!

Mainline Marc for under S$180?! SQUEAL

That said, my Loeffler Randall black flats which were sample saled some 2-3 years back have started to show their age.

Well, at least that's how I'm attempting to justify the purchase... *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment