Tuesday 10 November 2009

I Am Not An Overpriced EcoTote

Good ole Marks & Spencer knows how to push eco-chic to the masses.   I spotted these lovely, oversized, organic ecru cotton totes printed in collaboration with fashion illustrator David Downton (yes, he of those AMAZING Cate Blanchett Aussie Vogue covers).  

Featuring M&S models Twiggy (my fave of the lot), Erin O'Connor, Lily Cole and Noemie Lenoir, they retail for only S$10 with 100% of the proceeds going to charity!  Despite their fashion potential and competitive pricing, the totes were inexplicably shoved in the corner of the Wheelock Place store and on a rack facing the cashier.  Their merchandiser should get a lump of coal in their Christmas stocking. 

I played British SATC and bought one of my favourite "girl", but at those prices why not cave and get the whole set since it's for a good cause?  After all, it's Christmas :)


1 comment: