Saturday 20 February 2010

The Universe Is Having a Laugh

"In the magical universe there are no coincidences and there are no accidents. Nothing happens unless someone wills it to happen." - William S. Burroughs
I'm back from my Chinese New Year sojourn in Malaysia and knee-deep in my Lenten shopping ban! Plus the best bargains in the Outnet's weekend 'party dress' shop-in are already gone (boo).

But that's far from the coincidence that came to mind. Just yesterday, cousin C jetsetted off for her long awaited annual holiday whilst wistfully bemoaned the end of same, as it would mean severe post-holiday retail restraint. The only possible exception? An Anthracite Balenciaga City bag, which usually gets snapped up as quickly as a $1 beer in a sports bar.

Cue: HGbag's latest email update and the Universe having a laugh.


I feel like I should bring this serendipitous listing to her attention, but I wouldn't want to send her on a retail rampage if it were to be sold by the time she clicks the link. Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment