Monday 28 March 2011

How to Party: Tsumori Chisato & Club 21b Launch


Either the universe is telling me I do shop too much or I just lucked out in being invited to Club 21's joint launch party last Friday for their Tsumori Chisato and Club 21b boutiques. 

The evening honoured Chisato with a capsule 20-year retrospective on her career.  It was a joyous rainbow of intricate knits, embroidered silks and clashing prints that delighted and worked the way only the Japanese could.  I only wish they'd curated the exhibition with descriptions of the year/collection each piece was selected from so that visitors could appreciate the development of her design.



And so champagne flowed, the good looking preened, models strutted, Chisanto photo-called and I cooed and coveted an indulgent S$40 cotton hankerchief speckled with Chisato's trademark feline motifs.  Large enough to use as a necklace/scarf (think Muji's Tokyo/Paris/London range of map hankies), it would have been an affordable and extremely chic memento for the evening!  Too bad it was Lent or I'd definitely have put my 20% discount that night to good use...

Speaking of honouring the designer - I decided to debut one of my precious Tsumori Chisato x Petit Bateau tees, paired with Comme des Garcon long shorts (which The Man adorably calls my 'police constable shorts') and my appropriately feline patent Rupert Sanderson wedges.  Would it be narcissistic to proclaim I love my outfit?  But I so DO, and can't wait to wear the combination again... Maybe this Friday, would that be too soon? ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment