Wednesday 18 May 2011

Shopping Karma: Hasbeens vs. Rupert Sanderson

It is a universally accepted mantra that if you give, you will receive.  

Earlier this week, I sent my Swedish Hasbeens back to Net-A-Porter with a heavy heart.  It was rather demoralizing to find I was a true 36 (and a half) for the 37 was too long and the 36 was too snug.  Rather than settle for sliding / pinched feet, I chose the circumspect option and sent both pairs back.  Thank goodness for free shipping or it'd have been a costly exercise.

In return, the shopping gods have rewarded me with 70% off this luscious suede pair of Rupert Sanderson platforms right off my wish list.  I've had my eye on these for a while - not least because the SAs at his Bruton Place boutique basically had on the dynamic two of indulgent Rupert-buys.  After much deliberation, I caved on the practical lower heel but continued to dream about (and stalk) its opulent multi-hued sister.  A dream no more...

God bless The Outnet! xx

1 comment: