Monday 15 August 2011

Skip The Wait List: Moda Operandi x Vintage Hermes


I interrupt this regrettable lull in posts to alert anyone suicidally desperate to secure a Hermes Birkin or Kelly.  Moda Operandi has 21 vintage Hermes bags at its latest trunk show - which means you could waltz past the wait list for that black Birkin and the local Hermes SA can withdraw the restraining order she has against you. 

The piece that's got me chucking my credit card into the freezer and holding a chopper over my right hand is the vintage wine hued Rouge H Kelly (US$4,950).  The price is - to me at least - still kind of insane but I like to imagine it once belonged to Victoria Beckham, and she's selling these bags to give back to poor or make space for baby Harper.  Makes it vaguely more justifiable... I say that with an almost straight face.

Well, if you're not saving for an apartment, Moda Operandi's selection (until 18 August) includes:
  • Birkin - Eclat, Brighton Blue Crocodile, Graphite Clemence, Ebene Ostich and JPG Shoulder
  • Kelly - Blue Jean, Horse Canvas, Chocolate Swift, Black Epsom and Miel Crocodile


No comments:

Post a Comment