Monday 11 October 2010

The Silk Road


I'm torn. After scouting for a silk shirt in nude, I'm actually fairly apprehensive about buying any of them online. Even in the stores, every shade I've tried is more pale-stricken than pale-chic.

Several options are available:
(1) ACNE's outlet has one in putty but at USD 155 after a 40% discount. It's not exactly a budget buy ahead of the November holiday, though they do have an XS in stock (so crucial for those styles which fit tends toward voluminous)

(2) Shopbop has a promotion with 20% off everything (use 'INTHEFAMILY20'). This makes the Equipment Classic Shirt vaguely justifiable. I love the idea of buying into this reignited classic, but it's still over USD 139 after the discount and with only a size S available, I really not wild about the prospect of having to do a return.

(3) Alexa Chung for Madewell is finally back in stock (somewhat)... Her Peter Pan collared version is completely me - but potentially not as elegant as the others (I concede that Carine vs. Alexa is not quite the fair comparison)? Either way, in the time it took for me to post about the replenishment, the clearly popular Iris blouse is off the market again.

Decisions, decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment