Monday 21 February 2011

Karen Walker Sunglasses: A Pre-Lent Indulgence?

{spectacleshowcase}
It was only a matter of time before I'd be inspired to reach for the credit card again.  Perhaps it's London Fashion Week or the realisation that I am just over a fortnight from the commencement of my Lental shopping ban... either way, I've lost a couple of hours of my life filtering my imaginary shopping cart.

I'm constantly amazed how few Singaporeans carry a pair of sunglasses on their lunch break!  The weather is no less blazingly bright than Sydney or LA, but it appears only the expatriates seem to be wiping out their sunnies whilst sitting al fresco.  The large majority seek shelter under a tree, squint, wince or holding their newspaper/palm up to shade their face.  Not glam or productive at all...
{josef}
These Karen Walker Number One shades may not be entirely work lunch appropriate, but they are the right balance of quirk/classic and they fill that brown (but not tortoise shell) space in my slowly expanding sunglasses wardrobe.  Alternatively, the rather brilliantly-named Helter Skelter may be more practical option for noir chic with gold signature arrows.  Decisions!
{bigbadbows}
My deep red mosaic ones from the same New Zealand label fit my bridge the best amongst my collection and never fail to draw compliments.  They also seem considerably sturdier than my Chloe shades.

Given the prohibitive mark-up amongst its Singapore stockists, it's time to pop into shops for a test-run before buying on Shopbop *pencilling this in for the weekend*

No comments:

Post a Comment