Tuesday 31 March 2009

D.I.Y. Studded Heels

Inspired by Michelle from Kingdom of Style who came up with her DIY version of fierce Balmain studded shoes, I popped into Far East Plaza to scout for studded anything to do my take.

As much as I'd love to devote an entire afternoon to applying real studs (too permanent for me) or measuring and altering a studded belt (just too lazy), I wanted something really versatile and painless. Scored a bunch of really cheap faux leather pyramid stud bracelets, with push-stud closures - they were "buy 1 get 1 free" too ;)

As promised... here's the full lowdown on my weekend handiwork and test-runs on various different shoes:

with my basic everyday pumps...

with my Georgina Goodman satin Harriet stilettos...

with Finsk midi boots that I wore last night (also shown: B's great Zara score!)

again with the Georgina Goodman stilettos... this time with an extra bracelet at the ankle!

For more inspiration, here are some other bloggers' DIY attempts using boot straps and belts:

4 comments:

  1. how cool and interesting! I will try one too... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the coolest thing ever! I definately am going to have to try that!

    Sydnie
    www.takemeouttotherunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. um, ok. HOLY CRAP this is GENIUS!!!!!!!!

    kudos to you!

    Amber
    ambersmouthwash

    ReplyDelete