Friday 16 January 2009

Where's My Highlighter?

Image: Shopbop

Despite Shopbop and Net-a-Porter's well-meaning 'Wear Neon' lookbook and feature, I'm still not entirely convinced about this SS09 trend.

Sure, a bag or a pair of shoes, but a designer dress or tank?! I'm not even sure any neon item will see any wear beyond 3 months, and even then, sporadically worn.
I intend to ditch the designer neons and go extremely high street for this trend (for this, even Topshop might be a stretch)! American Apparel have a handful of fluorescent tees going for under US$30, and Forever21 have neon purses and socks (under US$10) which seem quite fun!

If you're still inclined to go designer neon, this pair of Alexander McQueen shoe-boots are versatile enough to see wear beyond SS09. I admit this is cheating because they're primarily black... but the Day-Glo pink soles made me squeal in glee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment