Tuesday 17 February 2009

Girl... You're A Woman Now


M and I disagree over whether uber trendsetter Kate Moss is worth the millions she earns. Admittedly, she doesn't have the stunning body of Giselle, or the immaculate bone structure of Christy Turlington. What I think she does have is that elusive "IT"... and in truck loads!!

I'm curious to see how the fashion world and the public at large take to her new curves (rumoured to be due to pregnancy), which were celebrated in NY Magazine's recent feature and photoshoot. 

She's still very far from being categorised as a plus sized like Beth Ditto, but I'm loving the idea of Kate developing beyond the waif-muse she's been for most of her career, though (in Singapore, at least) there are some purists out there who deem anyone not a size US2-4 as "prosperous". *gasp - say it ain't so!* I was particularly horrified when a bunch of teens in Borders once openly quipped that Julia Stiles as being 'so fat' she 'didn't deserve' to be on the cover of Cosmo!

I hope Kate's new body will drive her ongoing collaboration with Topshop to deliver styles cut for women with curves - superskinny vests begone!

No comments:

Post a Comment