Wednesday 11 February 2009

Put the Scissors Down!


My jaw dropped twice whilst reading SJP's interview in the latest issue of Harper's Bazaar:

1. SJP took scissors to a McQueen to get herself out of a dress

- Doesn't she have a stylist/housekeeper/neighbour who could have helped with that? Sleep in it and call for help the morning? Never, never, cut yourself out of a McQueen...

2. "I know so many people who have lost jobs, are losing jobs, husbands who have lost jobs. I can’t imagine going shopping.

-
I'm all for celebrities trying to remain humble and connect with their audiences, but I couldn't help but feel that this statement came across as insincere and somewhat hypocritical - especially from the same person who admits to cutting up a McQueen, is promoting a new perfume and who's draped in thousands of dollars worth of clothes and accessories in her Diana Vreeland-inspired photoshoot.

All images from Bazaar.

No comments:

Post a Comment