Monday 13 April 2009

Sink or Swim

The sun has FINALLY has come out after what felt like a fortnight of torrential downpours *hurrah*  And so my Easter weekend was spent, rather fruitfully, scouting for a one-piece swimsuit and eating far too much creme brulee (not that the two are in any way related...)  

Now I love my bikinis, but for any real swimming I needed a suit which (a) didn't threaten waldrobe malfunctions with every wave crest, and (b) didn't evoke memories of my sad secondary school Speedo crossback.  

Sexy black, in main pic, from Etsy's Calla Ossidiana (here)

Fortunately, Gossip Girl's S and B have been spotted in some amazing nostalgic styles on the show, which inspired me to take the dive back into the old maillot. 

Blair sports a gorgeous rouched Ferragamo in the Hamptons (I Die)

Away from GG, Katie Holmes and Kate Moss have also been photographed in some old-school swim modesty, which means loads of cute options abound!  

Katie Holmes in a blue one-shoulder with side cut-outs
(A basic one-shoulder style is available at Gap if you want this look)

Kate Moss in Marilyn-style halter suit

Katie (again) in a tres chic belted black style
(Old Navy has a similar suit on sale - belt not included)

Here are some of my faves available right now, and the ultimate winner for me:

Azzaro bi-coloured halterneck (USD 835) - so cheerful, but so expensive :(

Marc by Marc Jacobs kissing fish maillot (USD 142) - so very Blair!

Victoria's Secret rouched swimdress (USD 158) - very Serena

Leaf print halter from Gap (USD 65)

Polka dot one-piece with exposed sides (USD 65) - The winner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment